Friday, March 6, 2015

SOL 6th

Welcome to my blog. Here is (Will) SOL(ace) #6. Anyone who reads the correct book will get that reference.^


"Last one. Whoever guesses the date and month of my birthday added up will win the mysterious card," says the announcer. I raise my hand. "18," I guess. "Correct! January 17th!" says the announcer. He sticks a card under my seat...


I have been waiting here for 5 hours. People are slowly filling in the empty seats at the far back of the book store. Finally, Veronica Roth and Margaret Stohl enter! Veronica Roth wrote the Divergent series, and Margaret Stohl wrote the Icons series and cowrote Beautiful Creatures. They give their little talks about their books, answering questions and taking selfies with random people from the audience. Anyone who bought a waver (I did) goes up to the front and gets a signed book.

The talk is finally over. The announcer tells everyone to look under their seats (besides the people who won them in the contests at the beginning, 10 were hidden under random seats). The people with cards un-tape them, and we go into a separate room at the back. Veronica Roth and Margaret Stohl are waiting back there! We get to take selfies with them and they personally sign our books. Veronica Roth signed mine "Thea- be brave" and Margaret Stohl signed mine "Happy first book party, Thea!"

My friend (who moved to L.A.) was texting me during this, so I bought another book and had Veronica Roth sign it for her. I mailed the book and it was my friend's early birthday present. Now we can brag to people happily ever after.







No comments:

Post a Comment