Thursday, March 5, 2015

SOL 5th

I bring the silks on the right side of my body and hold on tightly. I push off with my legs and am now hanging upside-down. I let go of the silk with one hand and hook my right leg over, then let go with the other hand. My leg is the only thing keeping me from falling ten feet. I reach around to get the tails of the silk. I bring them up and around the leg that is not hooked on the poles. Now as long as I don't let go of the tails in my hand, I am safe to unhook my leg. I bring the silk around my back and wrap it once around my stomach. Hooking the arch of my foot on the poles, I get a good grip on the silk in my hand. I unhook my foot and I spiral down, stopping suddenly when the silk catches around my leg. I bend my back out and point my toes. This is part one. I sit up, get the tails in my hands (I cannot let go of them or I will fall), and wrap the fabric around my left leg four times. I can do four cartwheels. I switch the tails to my left hand, grab the poles with my right, and lean out into a starfish-ish shape. I let go with my right hand, lean left, and am sent spiraling around 360 degrees, catching myself by grabbing the poles again. I am still ten feet above the floor, holding the silks keeping me up with one hand. I have been doing this for three years, but it's still terrifying sometimes. This is aerial.


This is me not doing the move I wrote about

5 comments:

  1. That sounds really awesome. Where do you go to do this? It sounds super fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW you sound pretty good and it sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I think I would be scared half to death! Have you ever fallen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you described all the steps of the move you were doing in detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen some people doing aeriel but never heard it being described in such detail. It sounds potentially dangerous but your description showed your knowledge and how you are in such complete control.

    ReplyDelete