Tuesday, March 3, 2015

SOL 4th

They sit on my shoulders. They can barely stay on from all the fat jiggling around on their backs. It's funny, too, how fat they are, since they go on their wheel all night. Websites say that Rosco and Timmy are supposed to have great balance. They used to when they weren't fat. If I stuck my arm in the cage, they would scramble up onto my shoulder and make their little happy noises. Rosco tried to come up my arm and fell off (I caught him in my skirt). They still make their little cooing noises when I pick them up. I'm their favorite human.
Now they are off my shoulders, and they sit in their cage next to my desk giving themselves baths. They are as clean as cats. I am poking my finger in between the bars. They see it, climb through the bedding in the cage to the wall, and lick my finger. They never, ever bite. They don't even chew clothing, and very rarely dangly earrings. I have trained them not to, but sometimes they can't resist. Their little tongues go across my finger. It's so cute. I don't know any other rats who lick. 

6 comments:

  1. Aw! Thats so cute! Everyone says that rats bite, but only if they are in those movies! Cute slice of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! so so so cute!!!! I like how you describe what they did. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! It makes people have another perspective on rats. Great job!
    Celine-ISKL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw. I love rats. nice Slice Of Life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I have a fat dog who can't balance either

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! You sound so loving when you talk about them!

    ReplyDelete