Sunday, March 22, 2015

SOL 21st

     "Thea, come look at this." My mom is standing across the toy store, looking at something in a little jar. I walk over, looking at all the stuffed animals and jigsaw puzzles on shelves. My younger sister is debating over whether to get her friend a plastic unicorn or a plastic horse for her birthday. That's the reason we are at the store in the first place.
     When I get close enough, I see some little plastic dogs on pens.
     "So?" I ask. What's so great about these dogs?
     My mom squeezes one of the little grey dogs. A tiny pink tongue darts out of its mouth and rests again with just the tip poking out. "Doesn't this remind you of someone?" she asks.
    It does. My year-old Cocker puppy, Mickey, likes to leave his tongue a little bit outside of his mouth, too. We usually poke it back in, but it looks funny, and just like this pen.
    "I AM getting that," I declare, and choose the pen with the dog that looks most like Mickey.


Don't they look alike??

 

No comments:

Post a Comment