Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The most boring SOL you'll ever read...


     I sit in a chair waiting for dinner. The cat is meowing on the mantle. The puppy walks around in the kitchen, little nails skittering on the wood floor. I can hear my rats on their exercise wheel in my bedroom. 
     I lick my lips. Puppy and my other dog, Daisy, have followed my mom downstairs. The cat is still meowing above the fireplace. It is quiet except for the meows. Eventually, she stops.
     I know I could be doing stuff right now, like posting my book blog. I could be playing the piano. I could be checking my email. But I'm not. My legs have gotten comfy and refuse to move. I sit in the chair. 
     Suddenly, I realize that if I keep sitting here, my leg will fall asleep. I don't get up. Instead, I straiten the leg to let blood flow. 
     My younger sister is reading in my parents' bedroom. I can hear the pages of her book turn.
     I could read. I just am too lazy to get up off of this chair. I fiddle with my braided hair, twisting the end around my finger. It is soft since I accidentally used too much conditioner this morning. I like the feel of it. Maybe I should use a giant glop of hair conditioner more often. It makes my hair smell good anyway. 
     I am hungry. I am still waiting for dinner. Lasagna smells waft from the kitchen. My leg has woken back up, so I let it drop again. There is a noodle on the counter. I want to eat it, but I don't want to get up. 
     I end up getting up. I eat the noodle. I sit back down. 

7 comments:

  1. It's a boring part of your life but I deeply enjoyed the slice. It was really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really boring, but thats life! Loved your slice... I get lazy like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the end of this Slice especially and I think that was actually really interesting and cool to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. you have a lot of pets. Also I like the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you described so many of your pets! I also liked that you did something different than most everyone's slices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it looks like your title got you a fair amount of comments, just like my 2nd SOL. It's cool how you described your house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just proves you can slice on everyday things.

    ReplyDelete