Monday, December 1, 2014

Me- First blog post -Thea


My Favorite Book(s)
          I really liked the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth; Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant. In the trilogy, the future's way of life gets turned upside down. I think that's a pretty good description of what happens. The whole trilogy has a twisted plot where nothing ends up as it should have. The trilogy is mostly set in a future Chicago, where the people live in five factions and the faction-less.
          Before the factions, scientists had realized that some people lacked smarts, bravery, kindness, etc. They developed a genetic mutation serum to put forward those characteristics, resulting in people who were very smart, very brave, and very kind. Those people were grouped based on what their strong suit was, in the smart faction, the brave faction, the kind, the peaceful, and the truthful. Unfortunately, the mutation didn't work on certain people, who were called "divergent." The government thought that those people were very dangerous, and had to be found and killed. In the second book, the government released armies to inject everyone with a serum that basically hypnotized them, which only the Divergent were not affected by. Using that, the antagonists tracked down the Divergent and tried to kill them.  
          A revolution finally occurred, when the faction-less decided that the whole system was stupid. Over time, the amount  of faction-less outnumbered the factions and the faction-less stormed the city. They burnt down buildings and killed the government to start a new world without factions. They destroy the city to start a new one where everything is fair.

8 comments:

  1. I L-O-V-E the Divergent book series. The fractions are called Abnegation the selfless, Amity the kind, Candor the honest, Dauntless the brave, Erudite the intelligent. I am such a book worm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the description... still haven't read the book. :) Welcome to Max and Kam's class :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read this book. Liked a lot. I'm with Sofie. Nice description. Also how did you get your Icon to move like that? It's awesome! Kinda high tech for Logan.

    I like rats as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually don't like reading super popular books like this series, but your description was good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your first blog post. Divergent sounds like a book that I will read. Thanks for the recommendation. Welcome to Logan, Thea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never actually finished reading the Divergent series, but I might look in to reading the other books after reading your review of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I loved these books, and I loved your summary of them! Ooh, also can you show me how to make my profile pic move like that, its super cool.

    ReplyDelete